Traveling Pony Museum & Bronies for Good!
The guest train keeps a-rollin’ at TrotCon before January ends, with two new fandom guests to confirm!
First, for the third year in a row, the Traveling Pony Museum will be returning to TrotCon this June. As the preeminent exhibit of various relics and pieces of artwork from the My Little Pony fandom, the TPM will again take its place at TrotCon with its own area of the convention halls, where various treasures will be on display for all to see during its convention tour this year.
We’re also welcoming Bronies for Good for the first time! Since its founding in 2010, the charitable organization has donated thousands of dollars to various charities around the world — including such past projects as the “Smile” charity album, Nurse Redheart’s Round-Up blood drive, Seeds of Kindness and much more.
Bronies for Good will be overseeing a charity auction at TrotCon 2014 as well. Refer below for some of the choice details of the auction.
If you are interested in submitting an item for the TrotCon charity auction, then please send an email to BroniesforGood@gmail.com with the following heading [TC Charity Auction] and your item. Please include the following information in your email:
1. Your name, if you’re donating as part of an organization/business, then please include the relevant brand information in your item description so that we can properly credit it.
2. Detailed physical description of the item – This will be read at the auction when we introduce your item.
3. Estimated Cost (materials/labor) of the item. This will allow us to gauge the starting bid for the item.
4. Handling instructions for our auctioneers so as to preserve optimal item quality.
Feel free to stop by the Bronies for Good table at Trotcon with you item and prepared information that we can use for proper item introduction. It will also help us keep accurate item records for proper financial accountability and accounting.
For an item to be considered eligible for submission to the charity auction, it should adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Tasteful. Keep in mind that this is a public charity auction and that it must have a broad appeal to attract a wide variety of bidders.
2. Items that can be easily autographed. Autographed items are valuable and value translates to more bids and more money for charity!
3. Quality and Scarcity. Although we will accept most item donations, we would prefer to have items that are well-made and unique that will bring ultimately garner higher bids.