Is there an age limit? Can I bring my children? (Can I bring my parents?)
- All ages are welcome at the convention, and there will be a wide variety of content appropriate for younger children. However, understand that some panel content may not be suitable for children. Parental guidance will be required for small children throughout the convention. See our policies page for more information.
Will I need to bring anything with me?
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- You will need to provide photo identification at registration, regardless of whether you have pre-registered for the convention. You will be required to present a valid state ID prior to entering any age-restricted events. Elsewhere, a college ID or other photo ID is acceptable.
I don’t have an ID!
- If you’re under 13 and have a parent or guardian with you, then you will not need identification to pick up your badge. Otherwise, you will need to find some way of proving that you’re you.
Can I get a refund?
My badge was registered under a different name. Is that okay?
- Badges are non-refundable, and only the person to whom a badge is assigned may pick it up. Prior to the pre-registration deadline, you may change the name on your badge or transfer it to another prospective attendee. Contact email@example.com for assistance.
Is photography permitted? Most definitely!
- Photographs and video taken for personal use are permitted, and we encourage you to share your photos on our Flickr group. Please consider disabling your flash when projectors are in use (e.g. during video screenings), as it is distracting. See our press and photography policy for details.
It would be awesome if you did (insert idea here) at TrotCon!
- If you want to host a panel yourself, fill out our panelist application. Otherwise, suggest the idea on the Panels and Events board on our forum, and maybe somepony else will take your idea and run with it.
Will (name of guest) be at the convention?
- We don’t want to get anypony’s hopes up, so we’re not going to make any announcements about guests until we know for sure that they’ll be appearing at the convention. Conversely, we also won’t say that someone isn’t coming, because who knows what might happen between now and the convention!
Please do not attempt to “recruit” guests for us.
- If you want to see someone in particular at the convention, let us know and we’ll see what we can do.
I’m important! Can I be a VIP guest?
- Most definitely, we would be delighted to feature more notable community members as guests! Email us a firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll talk. If we think you’re worth it, we’ll give you at least a free VIP badge and an entry in our guest list.
When will I know if I’m going to have a panel? I need time to prepare!
- Panel applications close on May 20, panelists will be notified June 5th, and the final schedule will be posted June 30th.
- If you need more advance notice, contact us directly at email@example.com. We will send an email to the first point of contact given for each submission, to inform you whether or not your application was accepted.
I already submitted an artist or panel application. Can I change something?
- Sure! You can fiddle with your applications as much as you’d like before the submission cutoff date. If you need to make a change after then, just email us with the updated information.
Who’s that orange pony?
- That’s Peanut Bucker, our mascot pony. She was created in August 2011 by our con chair. Her cutie mark is candy buckeyes. Ohio is the Buckeye State, named after a particular sort of tree with a neat-looking (but slightly poisonous) nut. There’s also a rather more popular candy buckeye made from chocolate and peanut butter, which is made to resemble the nut of the buckeye tree. Try ’em, they’re tasty.
How can I support TrotCon?
- Easy! Come to our convention, bring all your friends, and have a great time. Hang out on our forums and follow us on your favorite social networks. Change your license plate to TROT-CON and cruise around town with your favorite pony music playing. Be creative, and be awesome!
If you have any further questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.